The University of Benin (UNIBEN) chapter of the newly inaugurated Congress of Nigerian University Academics (CONUA) has ordered lecturers to resume academic activities.
The resolution came on the back of an emergency meeting held on the 4th of October 2022 at the UNIBEN sports complex car park.
The following are the resolutions made at the end of the meeting;
- Members should resume work unfailingly tomorrow Wednesday 5th October, 2022.
- Any attack, physical or verbal by any member(s) of the striking asuu should be promptly reported to the university management.
- Members should commence teaching and project supervision immediately.
- Members were briefed and assured that march, April and May salaries will be paid along October salary while June, July, August and September salaries will be paid with November salary.
- Members were further informed that the IPPIS payment platform has been modified to accommodate all academic earned allowances.
- Members expressed appreciation to the federal government for the recognition and registration of our great, dynamic and responsible union.
Prof v.o igbineweka
Chairman, CONUA uniben chapter